Meet the Founders
Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President
- Art: 20th Century Design
- Art: American Paintings & Sculpture
- Art: Animation
- Art: Decorative Arts
- Art: Ethnographic, Pre-Columbian & Tribal
- Art: European Paintings & Sculpture
- Art: Fine Art
- Art: Illustration Art
- Art: Lalique, Tiffany & Art Glass
- Art: Modern & Contemporary
- Art: Photography
- Art: Texas Art
- Art: Western & California
- Coins: US
- Coins: World and Ancient Coins
- Comics & Comic Art
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property
- Entertainment & Music Memorabilia
- Historical: American Indian Art
- Historical: Americana & Political
- Historical: Arms & Armor
- Historical: Books
- Historical: Civil War
- Historical: Manuscripts
- Historical: Photography
- Historical: Space
- Jewelry & Timepieces
- Luxury Accessories
- Movie Posters
- Nature & Science
- Pop Culture
- Real Estate
- Sports Collectibles
About Heritage Auctions - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
Director of Trusts & Estates
1-877-HERITAGE (437-4824) x1632
Request Free Appraisal
Mark Prendergast earned his degree in Art History from Vanderbilt University and began his career in the arts working with a national dealer in private sales of 20th Century American Art. Joining Christie's in 1998 and advancing during a decade tenure to the position of Vice President, he was instrumental in bringing to market many prominent works of art, collections and estates. Based in the Heritage Houston office, he serves as Director of Trusts & Estates, providing assistance to fiduciary professionals in all aspects of appraising and liquidating their clients' tangible assets. Since joining Heritage Auctions, Mark has brought to market important estate collections of Western Art, Jewelry, Timepieces, Vintage Guitars and Firearms. He regularly represents Heritage at conferences and provides speaking presentations to professional estate planning groups throughout the country. From initial contact to final settlement, he strives to make the appraisal and auction process seamless and timely.
Consignment Director, Trusts & Estates
1-877-HERITAGE (437-4824) x1824
Request Free Appraisal
Michelle Castro brings more than a decade of experience appraising and auctioning fine and decorative arts. Based in Dallas, Michelle is responsible for assisting attorneys, executors, advisors and fiduciary professionals with their client’s needs for estate evaluations, appraisals and asset divestiture. She represents Heritage Auctions throughout Texas and the Southern Region of the United States. A Southern native, Michelle spent her early career working with European and American paintings at a private gallery in New Orleans before launching a successful career in the auction industry, where she successfully curated and directed the sales of prominent Southern estates. Her work for the estate of a noted New Orleans art collector achieved record prices for several Southern artists with prices realized of more than $4.6 million. Soon after, Michelle sourced and managed a significant collection of American art in rural Texas with sales exceeding $3.9 million. Michelle assists clients with estate tax, family division and insurance appraisals; the development of sale and marketing plans for auction or private treaty sales; and consignment management, all treated with the utmost discretion. She is also an accredited member of the International Society of Appraisers, specializing in fine arts.
Consignment Director and Trusts & Estates, Beverly Hills
1-877-HERITAGE (437-4824) x1677
Request Free Appraisal
Carolyn Mani's background includes more than fifteen years of experience in both live and online auctions, as well as an extensive background in appraising and vetting Furniture and Decorative Arts, Fine Art, Collectibles, Musical Instruments and Entertainment Memorabilia. Prior to joining Heritage, Carolyn was Director and Auctioneer at Bonhams & Butterfields Estate department for more than ten years where she established a proven track record in working with large consignments and institutions. Carolyn has also provided auction services to numerous charities including John Wayne Cancer Society, Stars for a Cause, The LOOC foundation, Wheels for Humanity, The Beverly Hills Bar Association Barristers, The Chrysalis Foundation, Project Angel Food, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, The Chuck Jones Center for Creativity and many others.
Trusts & Estates and Business Development, NY
1-877-HERITAGE (437-4824) x1369
Request Free Appraisal
An important note to fiduciaries:
Heritage Auctions is the world's 3rd largest auction house, and we believe we are by far the safest choice when valuable estate property needs to be sold. Fiduciaries are invited to consider these important facts:
- Heritage can auction all of the art and collectibles in your client's estate, unlike the two larger firms you probably deal with now, who typically sell the less expensive objects in bulk, or offload them to auctioneers catering primarily to dealers.
- Approximately 75% of items in Heritage auctions sell to retail collectors, the highest percentage by far of all major auction houses.
- Collectors rarely buy in bulk, but tend to buy exactly what they want and are willing to pay much more than dealers.
- Unlike most auction houses, Heritage focuses most of its marketing directly to private collectors through direct mail and the Internet.
- HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website (Source: Similarweb.com).
- Heritage auctions almost 300,000 individual lots per year, significantly more than any other major auction house. Every lot you consign, even objects that sell for well under a thousand dollars, will be individually offered and carefully described, with enlargeable 4-color online photographs.
Simply put, if you are liquidating a major estate and do not get a proposal from Heritage Auctions, you are likely to cost your clients a significant amount of money.
Worldwide Internet presence translates into realizing the highest prices at auction for your consigned property. This means your material will be viewed by far more qualified bidders, multiples more, when consigned to Heritage.
We have established HA.com as the leading online bidding platform of any full-service auction house. Heritage is here to help people both acquire wonderful objects, and, at the appropriate time of their choosing, assist them in selling via our global consignment platforms.
To receive with our compliments Heritage's Trusts & Estates Newsletter, which is designed to provide the T&E community with up-to-date news and commentary related to your mission and ours, e-mail your contact information to Estates@HA.com, call 1-800-872-6467, or fax to 214-443-8425.
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 1, 2017
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 3, 2016
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 2, 2016
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 1, 2016
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 3, 2015
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 2, 2015
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 1, 2015
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 3, 2014
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 2, 2014
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 1, 2014
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 3, 2013
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 2, 2013
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 1, 2013
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 3, 2012
Trusts & Estates Newsletter: Issue 2, 2012
- The Art Of Donating Art
- The Factors of Value
- The State of Estate Tax
- Defining Appraisals: Fair Market Value, Retail Replacement And Auction Estimates
- Appraisers' Wake Up Call
- Review: The Expert Versus the Object: Judging Fakes and False Attributions in the Visual Arts
- Turning Copper Into Gold
- Art & Taxes
- Congress Takes the Stuffing out of Taxidermy Charitable Donations
- The "Cultural Casualties" of 9/11 Suggest Need for Better Collections Management
- Replacing Mystery with Transparency & Trust
- Uncle Sam Wants His Art Back
- Better Estate Appraisals
- Fakes: The Best (or Worst) of 2007
- Know Thyself: Collector, Dealer or Investor
- Of Stained Glass and Pyramids: Copyright and Art
- Estate Tax Liability: The Fine Art of Determining Fair Market Value
- Appraising, an Individual or Team Effort
- Minority and Marketability Discounts for Fine Art Appraisals
- Changes in Charitable Donation Rules
Appraisals Now Available
With our superb team of experienced specialists, in fields ranging from Rare Currency to Modern Art, Historical Photography to Comic Books, we are pleased to offer a full service Appraisals Department for our Trust & Estates clients.
Trustees, executors and fiduciaries responsible for estate tangible property can now avail themselves of the best suite of estate services anywhere, including: authoritative estate appraisals, auction services and private treaty sales.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
We really appreciate all of the high res images available online, plus the great support if we do have questions.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)