Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - March 20, 2018
Original Art From Star Trek 50th Anniversary Exhibition ‘Star Trek: 50 Artists. 50 Years.’ Debuts at AuctionHeritage Auctions offers works by 50 different artists including Leonard Nimoy April 15
SLIDESHOW IMAGES & CAPTIONS
On offer are sculptures, paintings, illustrations and mixed media works curated by CBS Consumer Products for the exhibit's 2016-17 global tour. Originally debuting at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2016, "Star Trek: 50 Artists. 50 Years." gained international acclaim with over 100,000 fans attending the exhibition during 11 stops through North America, Europe and the Middle East. The artwork imagery has also appeared on numerous officially licensed Star Trek merchandise including a hardcover art book of the same name.
The exhibit's fine art paintings and photography in the auction include:
· Nimoy's photograph titled Hand In Vulcan Gesture. Nimoy's piece is an eerie depiction of the Vulcan salute in multi-color. The artwork is particularly poignant as it was contributed only months before his passing.
· The Final Frontier, an oil on canvas, by Australian Nicky Barkla, that captures the steadfast courage of the crew from the television hit Star Trek: The Next Generation
· Make it So, a large scale oil on panel by U.K. artist Paul Oz, employs thick, energetic marks for an up-close portrait of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, portrayed by actor Patrick Stewart on television and in feature films for 15 years. The artwork title referencing one of the beloved character's most quotable lines.
Illustrations paying tribute to the franchise's fan-favorite characters include works by artists:
· Stanley Chow, an artist/illustrator who is a regular contributor to The New Yorker, rendering a vibrant yet fleeting depiction titled Teleportation of Mr. Spock.
· Patrick Connan, a French art director and movie poster artist, contributing an encapsulating image of the film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Paramount, 1982), titled Revenge Is A Dish That Is Best Served Cold, produced on aluminum.
· Amy Beth Christensen, a Senior Concept Designer at Lucasfilm Animation, whose Don't Believe In No-Win Scenarios, presents a portrait gallery of villains and heroes
Star Trek-themed sculptures include:
· Assimilation, a lighted mixed media sculpture, by Neal Smith, a toy designer for Mattel's Team Hot Wheels. Smith's piece represents the starship used by the series' Borg Collective, but with closer inspection is almost entirely constructed of "assimilated" Hot Wheels toy cars.
· A model of the U.S.S. Bellwether by Lynn Norton, an artist who, since 1991, has sculpted nearly all of the Star Trek starship holiday ornaments produced by Hallmark.
· Home Is Where The Journey Is, a mixed media work of the U.S.S. Enterprise by Calvin Ma, a San Francisco-based modern & contemporary artist
Star Trek celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2016. Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original Star Trek series debuted Sept. 8, 1966, and aired for three seasons. The program launched William Shatner and Nimoy into superstardom and spawned six more television series and 13 feature films spanning the course of half a century.
CBS Consumer Products manages worldwide licensing and merchandising for a diverse slate of television brands and series from CBS, CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Distribution, as well as from the company's extensive library of titles, Showtime and CBS Films. Additionally, the group oversees online sales of programming merchandise. For more information, visit www.cbsconsumerproducts.com.
Find Star Trek online: www.StarTrek.com
Find Star Trek online: www.StarTrek.com
On Facebook: Facebook.com/StarTrek
On Twitter: Twitter.com/StarTrek
On Instagram: Instagram.com/StarTrek
On YouTube: YouTube.com/StarTrek
On Tumblr: StarTrek.Tumblr.com
About Heritage Auctions: Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Eric Bradley, Public Relations Director
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
We are extremely pleased with your company. Personally, I will ensure that if we go back to Dallas area we ask you guys for Mr. Walker again. I got nothing but praises from you and your team!!View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)